Breaking Bike News
Per Fed Ex tracking, the bike, the helmet and the gloves are all on trucks scheduled for delivery today. So by the end of the day, I should have my full delivery. The Air pump was on my doorstep when I opened the door to get the paper this morning. Uh oh. No excuses. Now, I need to figure out how to put it together, then I have to ride it. Rats, it was so much easier to complain about it than ride it. 😀
Yesterday’s Meal Plan
Breakfast – Leftover ribeye and onions
Lunch – Chicken thigh with onions and salad
Dinner – Hamburger Patty with salad
Snack – String cheese
Calories – Under 1200
Miserable day here in the Big Easy. It has been raining cats and dogs since early this morning. So no bike riding today even if the bike gets here in time for me to put it together. Although I am not sure it won’t take me several hours and many tweaks to actually make the bike road ready. Also need to figure out if I have to register the bike.
Well, I lost the little bit of weight gained on my birthday so I am back to a 25 year low on my weight. Every ounce I drop is a low not seen since I was under 15. 😀
Feeling good today and since I haven’t read the paper or watched the news I don’t have much to rant about. That could certainly change by mid-afternoon. I haven’t looked outside to see if my car is under water. I guess I should do that before proclaiming this post a rant free day. All clear.
Yup Lent has arrived with the close of Mardi Gras. I am not Catholic but I went to Catholic schools most of my life and developed the habit of following Lent. I haven’t done it in years. I’ve given up alcohol and almost all food so I don’t have anything to give up in the food and beverage department. I already keep my language in check for the most part, so what to do for Lent.
Only one thing I could think of to give up and I needed to tone down the amount I was drinking anyway. I am saying good-bye to coffee for lent. You are on notice. I will be The Angry Grumpy Man for the next few days as I go into caffeine withdrawal.
I also plan to ride my bike every day once it is up and running and I plan to do a little cleaning every day instead of letting things pile up.
Tip Of The Day
Knowledge. Yes on a diet there are several things you should know before diving in.
1. You need to know you are healthy enough to tackle your diet and exercise plan. I started by going to see a doctor for the first time in 100 years.
2. Weight. Yes, you need to know your starting weight even if you hate climbing on that scale. Seeing progress is what motivates most of us to continue.
3. Diets are about restricting calories. You need to know how many calories you can take in each day and still lose weight. Here is a nice calculator over at livestrong that determines your ideal calories per day to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/
4. Keeping a daily food and exercise journal helps you figure out what is working and what is not working.
5. Calorie Counting. You need to know what you are eating to see if you are under you calorie goal. Here is a link to start, if you need to find nutritional information on a food item. http://caloriecount.about.com/
6. When you have to go out, do your homework and look for restaurants with nutritional data online. Then steer your friends to that restaurant and go with your safe selection you picked at home. DO NOT OPEN THE MENU at the restaurant. Once you open that menu, your brain will convince you that the 14 layer nachos have the same calories as the grilled chicken salad.
7. If you choose a specific diet plan, be sure to read up on it. Not just the good, but also the negatives. You need to hear both sides of the story before selecting a diet plan.
8. I’m not a fancy phone owner but many of my friends from another weight loss thread swear by the livestrong application to count their calories and maintain their records. Here is the site. http://www.livestrong.com/
Well that is it for today ladies and gents. Expect a much crankier angrier Grumpy man tomorrow after 24 hours without coffee.
Happy Dieting, see you tomorrow (maybe)
The Grumpy Man