Going to be a real long day. Tried to go to sleep at 10pm to get some shut-eye before I head out at 4am to go fishing but sleep did not come. Going to be a big coffee day. 😀
If you didn’t read my post yesterday, I am going fishing today so I won’t be posting. Oh wait…… 😛
I didn’t want to ruin my every single day with a blog post since February, so here you go.
None. Not going to weigh myself since I didn’t have a full 24 hours in between weigh-ins. Plus I had a late night snack.
Yesterday’s Meal Plan
Breakfast – None
Lunch – None
Dinner – Broiled chicken and salad
Snack – Broiled chicken
Calories – 950
I was out of everything. All I had left was one string cheese so breakfast and lunch were coffee. I couldn’t motivate myself for the grocery trip until afternoon. I did have a big dinner with lots of chicken and salad. Yum. When I finally gave up on trying to get some shut-eye, I grabbed another piece of chicken.
No ride. I haven’t been fishing in a very very very long time and I did not want anything to ruin the trip. I didn’t want a pulled muscle or bicycle mishap to cause me to miss my trip so that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. 😛
I won’t be riding today either because I will be in a boat in the sun most of the day and will be exhausted when I get back. Plus it is “always off” Wednesday.
Anyone that has ever feared sitting in a booth or a weak looking chair, you must read this blog.
Optifastloser has done a tremendous amount of great work in a short time and I love reading his blog. I really do love that post. One of my favorite since I started reading blogs.
Tip Of The Day
If you follow my blog you will see that tips of the day tend to repeat a lot. Truth is, there aren’t 365 diet tips. I need to start getting ready for my fishing trip so here is a list of many of my tips to date.
1. Pick a diet plan that works for you and run with it. Don’t listen to the haters, but you may want to check with your doctor first before starting. In all likelihood, he will tell you to run with it no matter what you choose unless you choose the twinkie diet.
2. Start a food journal. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ This site is fantastic.
3. Find a support group online or through something like weight watchers.
4. Clean out all the bad food if you can. If you have a family, you can still clean some of it out and take the family out for treats when needed.
5. Make sure you have a good digital bathroom scale.
6. Take before shots from the front and side. Then each week or month you can take more pictures and see the changes. You might not want to have some before shots but it really helps to see the change. Just check out mine on my ABOUT ME page.
7. Make sure you have a good set of measuring cups and spoons or even a kitchen scale. It is ALL about portion control and calorie counting so you need to be able to accurately measure calories. No eyeballing it.
8.Take exercise very slow. I argue with people all the time on this issue, but you can lose weight with little to no exercise. I did. It is very easy to push yourself too hard and burn out too fast with exercise. Yes it makes you healthier, but it can lead to burn out so take it slow.
9.Don’t restrict yourself over the full term of the diet. Cheats are fine if they are few and far between. The occasional cheat helps keep your sanity. Knowing that you can have a treat now and then really helps alleviate the pressure. Just make sure you keep it to now and then and not now now now and now.
10. Stay positive. You are making a huge change in your life. There will be ups and downs but make sure you don’t beat yourself up over mistakes. Just get back to work and stay positive. The support groups help with this one.
11. Cheats are fine now and then but do not use food as a reward for a goal met or a great work out. Find some other way to reward yourself other than food.
12. Find ways to distract yourself when hungry. I hop on netflix or find a game to play. I’ve tried reading but hunger messes that up. For each person it might be different but video games actually help take my mind off of food. Hunger will go away most of the time after a few minutes so a good distraction can help a lot.
13. Never shop hungry. That can lead to disaster.
14. Move more, eat less. 😛
Happy Dieting, see you tomorrow
The Grumpy Man