Omg! My allergies have been going crazy for two days. My eyes usually itch like crazy and they were really bad yesterday. I am not sure they have ever been as red as they were when I was at lunch with my mom.
Today things were much better all day until…… a few minutes ago and I’ve been scratching at them again.
I actually had a half pound drop this morning which I was not expecting because I simply could not stop eating yesterday. It was diet approved food, but it was too much of everything.
Yesterday’s Meal Plan
Breakfast – Burger patty and cheese
Lunch – Burger with cheese and side salad (no green beans) 😛
Dinner – Broiled chicken and salad
Snack – Burger patty and cheese
Calories – 1800
Biking Update – 0
Net Calories – 1800
The evil side of my brain once again tried to convince me in the health benefits of Chinese buffets or pizza. I really was expecting a cheat yesterday so controlling my evil instincts was tough.
I had a cheat all planned but mom wanted me to come over for lunch which turned out to be 100% healthy. 😛
The cheat is moved to the weekend, but I also have a cheat planned for the Thursday night NFL opener.
My eyes and super high wind kept me from my bike yesterday. I had a ride all planned for this evening but I remembered at the last second I had a meeting I had to go to so no ride tonight either.
The weather is unbelievable right now so I need to get a ride in before the heat comes back. A nice cold front has moved in and actually cooled things down to a high of around 80.
I should be able to get a nice ride in tomorrow. I need to. It has been over a week since my last ride.
Tip Of The Day
I can’t think of a tip at the moment so I bring you… a singing frog.
What? You still want a tip? I can’t think of one so I bring you a person with a ukulele….
Who the heck came up with this ridiculous Tip Of The Day idea?
Still need a tip? And now for something completely different…
Still not enough. Tough crowd ,tough crowd.
How does one get started?
1. See your doctor and learn of any limitations or complications of starting a diet.
2. Remove all junk food from your fridge and pantry. Do not eat it. Trash it or give it away but you are not a human disposal. Do not eat it.
3. Pick a diet plan that you feel comfortable sticking with. I feel comfortable with Atkins but make sure you pick a plan suited best for you. It might take you a few attempts to settle on a plan that works for you.
4. Plan everything. You need to plan your meals ahead of time and you need to have a grocery list when shopping. Buy only what is on the list. Get in and out as fast as possible. 8)
5. Weigh yourself regularly. I weigh daily but weekly is okay. Monthly is not okay.
6. Count all calories and log them in a journal along with your weight and exercise.
7. Visit support groups daily and vent frustration as needed.
8. Plan ahead when you eat out. Read menus online, make your selection and then stick to it by not touching the menu at the restaurant.
9. Add exercise to the mix when you feel comfortable with it, but take it VERY slowly. Don’t burn yourself out working out too much.
10. Give yourself a break every now and then but don’t let rare planned cheats turn into downward spirals.
11. Stay positive and learn to laugh at yourself.
12. Keep coming back here for support. 8)
12 tips for the price of one….
Happy Dieting, see you tomorrow
The Grumpy Man