That is the exact look that was on my face at lunch time as I watched everyone around me scarf down roast beef poboys and other various evil delights.
I had a similar look this morning as people were scarfing down about 6 boxes of donuts! They looked DELICIOUS!
I am proud to say Grumpy Man – 4 vs. Grazing Table – 0
I didn’t touch the donuts, popcorn, candy and other assorted temptations cluttering the kitchen table.
I had a pretty big water drop this morning. I lost about 5 pounds of water in one day. I had a feeling I would have a big drop. I don’t have the same feeling about tomorrow.
The office is starting a weight loss contest tomorrow. Tomorrow! I could have won that thing if they had started with my Monday weight! 😛
This might really help me stay away from all the office snacks and meals. I’m still about 20 pounds from my goal of breaking down to 159 and then settling at about 165 or less. I’m hoping to reach this weight before Mardi Gras.
The problem is that as we get closer to Mardi Gras these darn things will start showing up at the office….
So I need to take care of business and get back to my goal weight as soon as possible.
Breakfast – Turkey burger with cheese
Lunch – None
Dinner – Baked chicken with salad
Snack – Turkey burger with cheese
Calories – 1450
I get a gold star for the day! I need to keep this up all week with NO CHEATS!
Tip Of The Day
Until January 5th, I will be repeating the long list of start-up tips so that any newcomers will be able to see my guide to getting started. I will try to add 1 new tip each day to the list.
I would recommend Hermit Mode early in your diet but if you have to eat out, then you need to steer your friends to restaurants with healthy options. You need to check online for menus and figure out what is the best option. Then, you need to stick with that selection. Don’t even touch the menu at the restaurant. If you open the menu, chances are you will select something else so don’t touch the menu.
1. Check with your doctor. I’m sure the doc will say to get on with it, but first make sure you aren’t constrained by health issues.
2. Research diets online and pick one that you really think you can stick with. If you are miserable 100% of the time, you will not make it. You need to find a happy medium between losing weight but doing it in a way that doesn’t make you unhappy all the time.
3. Clean out the fridge and pantry of all bad food. THROW IT AWAY! Do not wait until you finish all of the bad food to start the diet. Get rid of it now!
4. Start a food, calorie, weight and exercise journal. You need to be able to see what works and what doesn’t work and a journal will help.
5. Seek online support. It is all over the place on the internet and the best support comes from people going through the same pain in the keister.
6. Weigh yourself at LEAST once a week. I just read some stupid article that said you should not get hung up on the scale. WTH??? You need to be able to gauge your results and the scale is the only way to do it. If your diet isn’t working, you need to know that and you need to make adjustments.
6. B. Take body measurements. You might not want to do this at the start but those measurements will be a source of inspiration at a later date and they will soothe your soul when the scale refuses to budge even though you are doing everything right.
6. C. Take some before pictures and keep taking pictures along your journey to chart your progress.
7. Measure everything and read all labels. You need to know the caloric intake to know if you are actually operating on deficit calories.
8. Exercise is fine, BUT DON”T OVER DO IT! We tend to go overboard when we start diets and this leads to burn out. Take things very very very very very very very slowly. I did almost ZERO exercise the first year of my diet and I still lost over 100 pounds.
9. Always have a shopping list and never shop hungry.
10. Use smaller plates when eating.
11. Don’t take yourself too seriously and don’t rush the diet. Just do the best you can each day and one day you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
12. When you make mistakes, don’t beat yourself up too much. Just make sure you don’t use a few days of cheating as an excuse to toss in the towel. Get back to work.
Happy Dieting, see you tomorrow
The Grumpy Man